I had such a warm response to my last blog I thought I’d offer you another of my collected winter relaxation and Being Healthy tools.
Winter cold tends to make our bodies tighter and more stagnant from less exercise and more snoozes under the Doona. So, here’s:
The Gold in a pile of Rock Salt
Cold naturally makes the body want to curl up and protect itself .. meaning our muscles get tighter and more stuck in the winter months. So here’s something I picked up along the way you can enjoy while sitting front of the fire/your favourite program or novella (cause we all know winter is for reading Novellas)…
1. Get yourself some large rock salts (cheapy from the supermarket is ok) and dry roast them in a pan.
2. Take a tea towel or smallish cloth and place the hot salt in the center in a line, folding the cloth around the salt to make a small “snake”.
3. Place the Rock Salt Snake on your shoulders and/or neck to draw out the tension with the heat and salt.
4. Grab a seat on the couch, sun lounge, sheep-skin rug and enjoy
5. You’re done once the salt has cooled down. You can also re-heat the salt and go again, but I prefer to start with a new batch of salt.
If you’re like me, and 95% of the human population, you carry most of your tension in your shoulders (and it gets worse in winter).. this will be a Gold-send :).
If the Lymph Ain’t Moving, it’s time to .. do this
When you get colds and flu, eat foods laden with pesticides or chemicals, or suffer from ongoing stress, it’s your lymphatic system’s job to eat up all the toxins and bring you back to health. Part of what makes your lymphatic system healthy is that it is moving (not stagnant or stuck processing that flu bug for weeks) and ready to deal with any new bugs/toxins passing through. Winter, of course, is not known for movement so much as Doona’s.So here’s some handy-tips:
4. If you’ve gotta rest.. and you DO (C’mon, its winter :), rest with your legs up the wall to increase blood and lymph flow to the lower lymph processing area in the groin.
Or, just click “reply” and tell me “Yes Please Yes Please”!! I’ll be kind, I promise 🙂
Lots of warm and squishy love,