Given in 1hour/1.5hour and 2 hour deluxe sessions
Book a session or Purchase a Voucher below or call Amanda on 0421 079 644
Did you know? Studies have shown that the more a pregnant woman is nurturingly touched the more she will touch and caress her new baby? This increase in touch also leads to significantly more contented, alert and curious babies and children.
“Dear Amanda, Thank you so much for your welcoming presence, openness and stillness. The massage was just one of the gifts I received from you today. Thank you” – Jeanette and the Splodge
Island Style Pregnancy Massage (Gift Vouchers Available):
This modality combines Swedish, remedial and deep tissue massage techniques in a flowing style. In this session we address chronic and acute tensions caused and exacerbated by pregnancy. I also use lymphatic drainage for swelling and toxicity.
The massage is given side lying, with the client “hugging” a body length pillow and supported with pillows or bolsters so that she can completely relax. From this position we avoid increased sinus pressure, strain on the uterine ligaments and dangerous increases in intrauterine pressure that a face down massage would create. My training ensures that the massage is firm and addresses all those tight areas needing release, while ensuring the safety of mother and child.
The Benefits to You of massage During Pregnancy:
- Reduces odema (swelling) and blood pressure
- Gives relief from varicose veins
- Increases blood and lymph circulation.
- Reduces the strain and pain of extra weight bearing.
- Assists hormonal, respiratory, gastrointestinal, urinary and physiological processes during pregnancy.
- Develops greater flexibility and the kinesthetic awareness necessary to actively participate in the birth process.
- Fosters nurturing maternal touch.
- Facilitates postpartum emotional, physiological, and family adjustments.
- Supports recovery from caesarean birth, including healing of the incision.
- Promotes structural realignment of the spine and pelvis, and reorganization of movement.
I have tried other pregnancy masseuses and they just weren't the same. They didn't have the same quality of touch, or seem like they knew what they were doing in the way Amanda does. So I'm coming back" - Tahlia, mother-to-be
Bless you Amanda, You are fantastic, much love” - Lydia and Little
Amanda thank you so much for my beautiful massage. I could feel the nurturing just oozing out of your hands. Your care and attention to detail helped me feel very comfortable and r e l a x e d “
– Jewelli Dollman; Australian Bush Flower Essences Instructor
From Amanda: “I’m passionate about assisting women to slow down and Enjoy the journey of pregnancy. Training with the Academy of Therapeutic Arts and Andrew Barnes, my pregnancy massage is informed by this Island Style, holistic approach to you as a whole being. I also integrate the use of Somatic Experiencing to help you balance your nervous system, ground and help you move through any emotions or challenges associated with this time”.
1 hour Pregnancy Massage $90
1.5hour Pregnancy Massage $135
2 hour Pregnancy Massage $175
Massages are given in Ocean Shores, NSW, address given at booking. Outcalls also possible with additional call-out fee
Please ensure you have read and understood the Terms of Service before booking your appointment/s